Newspaper Archive of
Welcome to the Southern Cross newspaper archive.
First published as The Bulletin of the Catholic Laymen’s Association of Georgia in 1920, the paper was renamed The Southern Cross in 1963, following the division of the state into two: the Diocese of Savannah and the Diocese of Atlanta. In 1965 Atlanta was established as an Archdiocese, and its paper – The Georgia Bulletin – continues under that name today. The Southern Cross continues as the official newspaper of the Diocese of Savannah, now reaching Catholic homes and parishes in 90 counties in the southern part of the state.